MILL HOUSE

Over the last millennium there have been several mills recorded on the site, which is in a Conservation Area, the final one destroyed by fire in 1882.  Our clients wanted the extension to The Mill House to have the appearance of the old mill shown in historical records and to retain the wheel pit and leat which survived.  

The new work included very heavy structural timbers of pitch pine and Douglas fir and a staircase designed as a water wheel.
 

WHAT

Alterations and extension

WHERE

Essex

WHEN

2004